Click to Call
Southern Iowa Insurance Services

322 4th Street
P.O. Box 207
West Point, IA 52656

Get Directions

Home/Renters Insurance

Do you need to have homeowners insurance? You do if you need protection against legal suits brought against you for injuries or damages that occur on your property, as well as if there is damage to your home or personal belongings. There are a variety of coverage options that you might consider (some may be mandatory, depending on your mortgage lender). Abbi, Brittany and Abbi can assist you with finding the appropriate coverage.

  • Liability coverage under a homeowner’s policy defends and protects you in the case you are being sued by someone after they are injured on your property, or if you damage their property. This is a VERY important part of an insurance plan that everyone should have.
  • Dwelling coverage protects your home, such as the floor, roof, walls, furnace and other things that are permanently attached to the structure. If a hail storm damages your roof or siding, the dwelling coverage is what you would use to repair the damage.
  • Personal property coverage is for the contents in your home. This includes furniture, clothing and appliances, among other things. You can even use a portion of this coverage if items are stolen or damaged when they aren’t at your home at the time.
  • Other structures coverage applies to garages or other structures that are not attached to your house. This coverage could also apply to a fence, an in ground pool, etc.
  • Additional living expense or loss of use provides coverage if your home sustains damage that displaces you from or restricts your functions of daily living. It pays for costs incurred that are above and beyond your normal living expenses, such as staying at a hotel during repairs to your home.

Some other coverages that you should consider could include coverage for water backup of sewer and drains, earthquake, service line coverage, etc.

If you do not own a home, you may still want to consider a renters insurance policy. This would provide coverage for your liability risks, as well as your personal property. A renter’s policy is relatively inexpensive, but could prove to be invaluable if you experience a loss of your belongings or a lawsuit for someone being injured while at your residence.

We are here to help you with home insurance needs. Put your trust in us to assist you in customizing an insurance package to include the benefits that you want.

  • Aflac
  • Allstate
  • Dairyland
  • Encompass
  • Foremost
  • Grinnell Mutual
  • Hagerty
  • Humana
  • Lee County Mutual
  • Liberty Mutual
  • Medica
  • MetLife
  • Mutual of Omaha
  • Nationwide
  • Progressive
  • Protective Life
  • Rain & Hail
  • Safeco
  • Securian Financial
  • The Hartford
  • Travelers
Servicing States

Servicing States

  • Iowa
  • Illinois
  • Missouri

Why Work With Us?

  • Locally owned and operated
  • Works with multiple carriers
  • Combines policies for best rates
  • Customer friendly services
  • Print out your auto ID cards from home, anytime!

quote-icon Comparing Quotes - Made Simple

Fill out the form below and
get started today!